Saturday 24 September 2011

Media Studies 12/09/11 - What Is A Thriller?

Today was my first Media Studies lesson, and I must say, I found it rather interesting! I learnt about the difference between a Thriller and a Horror, the elements included in a Thriller film and reflected on my knowledge of Thriller films. I also learnt how to use the internet site "http://bubbl.us/", of which my Thriller Mind Map was created on.


The difference between a Thriller and Horror is that Horrors are designed to be more graphical about blood and gore, whereas a Thriller has less gore, and focuses on psychological themes. This is something new i have learnt about Thrillers, and will remember it when creating my Thriller opening. 


The elements included in a Thriller are:
- Mood + Atmosphere
- Visual elements/Icronography
- Events/Character


I have learnt a lot this lesson, and hope to continue with my studies in Media, as I feel I could create a convincing Thriller!


Chris T Rizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment